Statistics Data Analysis Challenge – 1
The main objective of the “Statistics Data Analysis Challenge” is to learn how to analyze and interpret the data. All the submitted videos will be compiled into one video file and it will be shared with each participant and different social platforms. The video will also be uploaded on YouTube. All participants’ names and their relevant provided information will be marked on their videos.
This data set contains information on 78 people using one of three diets. A short description of the variable is given below.
|Variable name||Variable||Data type|
|gender||Gender, 1 = male, 0 = female||Binary|
|preweight||Weight before the diet (kg)||Scale|
|weight10weeks||Weight after 10 weeks (kg)||Scale|
|weightLOST||Weight lost after 10 weeks (kg)||Scale|
What to do with data:
- You need to perform possible statistical analysis (data visualization, descriptive, and inferential) on this data using any statistical software.
- You may check statistical assumptions for data and different inferential tests.
- You may create new variable or recode the variables to perform different statistics.
- You also need to shortly describe the results obtained.
- You may record your own audio for explanation purpose or may insert text using and text editor.
- For audio recording you may use your local language too, however preference is Urdu or English language.
What will you learn:
- You will learn the use of different statistical software with live demonstration of procedure
- You will learn how to perform the required statistical analysis on different type of data set or variables.
- You will learn how to interpret the results.
- You will learn what must be done before performing any statistical analysis
- You may also learn how to report or publish your results.
- You need to record the video of what ever you do with data. For example, import of data file, setting of variable properties, step by step procedure of performing any required statistical analysis (such as descriptive statistics, t-test, and possible graphs etc.)
- Each participant will submit only one file.
- For video recording you can use any screen recording software. You can use ‘Sharex’ or ‘apowersoft screen recorder software’ too.
- The total time of video must not exceed 10 minutes.
- File type should be mp4 with H.264/ H.265
- The resolution may be ‘640 x 480’, ‘1280 x 720’, and 1920 x 1080’
- You will email me (at [email protected]) the google drive or dropbox link of your ‘screen recorded video’ file.
- For help about Statistical Software you can visit: https://itfeature.com/statistical-softwares
Who Should Participate:
Any student, researcher, or teacher of Statistics
Download Data File:
Note: The pure objectivity of the “Statistics Data Analysis Challenge” is to promote the subject of Statistics in Pakistan.