This quiz contains Basic Statistics MCQs with answers covering variable and type of variable, Measures of central tendency such as mean, median, mode, Weighted mean, data and type of data, sources of data, Measures of Dispersion/ Variation, Standard Deviation, Variance, Range, and Measure of Position, etc. Let us start the Basic Statistics MCQs Quiz.
If you found that any POSTED MCQ is/ are WRONG
PLEASE COMMENT below the MCQ with the CORRECT ANSWER and its DETAILED EXPLANATION.
Don’t forget to mention the MCQs Statement (or Screenshot), because MCQs and their answers are generated randomly
Basic statistics deals with the measure of central tendencies (such as mean, median, mode, weighted mean, geometric mean, and Harmonic mean) and measures of dispersion (such as range, standard deviation, and variances).
Basic statistical methods include planning and designing the study, collecting data, arranging, and numerical and graphically summarizing the collected data.
Basic statistics are also used to perform statistical analysis to draw meaningful inferences.
A basic visual inspection of data using some graphical and numerical statistics may give some useful hidden information already available in the data. The graphical representation includes a bar chart, pie chart, dot chart, box plot, etc.
Companies related to finance, communication, manufacturing, charity organizations, government institutes, simple to large businesses, etc. are all examples that have a massive interest in collecting data and measuring different sorts of statistical findings. This helps them to learn from the past, noticing the trends, and planning for the future.
Online Basic Statistics MCQs with Answers
- Which of the following describes the middle part of a group of numbers?
- The sum of the deviations about the mean is always:
- The middle value of an ordered array of numbers is the
- Which of the following is not a measure of central tendency?
- Which of the following divides a group of data into four subgroups?
- If the standard deviation of a population is 9, the population variance is:
- The weight of students in a college/ school is a
- Population census is conducted through
- The life of a TV picture tube is a
- Which of these represents qualitative data
- The branch of statistics concerned with the procedure and methodology for obtaining valid conclusions is called
- Statistics are collected in a
- Issuing a new ID card is an example of
- Statistical Tables have at least ________
- The students divided into different groups according to their intelligence and gender will generate
- If the arithmetic mean is 82 and the median is 78 then the appropriate value of the mode will be
- In a Statistical table, row captions are called
- The data must be arranged before computing the
- The geometric mean of a series of 4 items is 10.2. The product of all the items shall be:
- Standard deviation is independent of change of ________.
- The positive square root of the variance of a distribution is known as __________.
- The most central value of an arrayed data is called ___________.
- The mode of 2, 9, and 7 is
- In classification, the data are arranged according to _________.
- The population Mean $\mu$ is called ________.