This Online quiz about MCQs on Graphs and Charts contains questions from different topics related to the graphical Presentation of data in statistics MCQs on graphs and charts which include, Histogram, Frequency distribution (Relative frequency distribution, Cumulative Frequency distribution), Bar chart, Pie chart, Line graph, scatter diagram, etc.
Let us start the Third online MCQ on Graphs and charts.
MCQs about Statistical Charts and Graphs
Graphical & charting representations are common methods to get a visual inspection of data. The graphs are the graphical summaries of the data. Graphs represent diagrams of a mathematical or statistical function, while a chart is a graphical representation of the data. In the charts, the data is represented by symbols.
The most commonly used graphical summaries of the data are bar charts, histograms, pie charts, and line graphs. Graphs are used to get quick ideas and decisions about phenomena under study. Generally, graphs and charts are used to get the distribution of data. However, different graphs and charts are used to get quite different information.
For example, line graphs are used to get ideas about changes over short/long periods of time. Bar graphs and their further types (cluster bar graph, stacked bar graph) are used to compare the differences among the groups. Pie charts are used to get each group’s proportional contribution to the whole.
The important features of graphs and charts are (1) Title: the title of charts and graphs tells us what the subject of the chart or graph is, (2) Vertical Axis: the vertical axis tells us what is being measured in the chart and a graph, and (3) Horizontal Axis: the horizontal axis tells us the units of measurement represented.
Various mathematical and statistical software can be used to draw charts or graphs. For example, MS-Excel, Minitab, SPSS, SAS, STATA, Graph Maker, Matlab, Mathematica, R, Exlstat, Python, Maple, etc.
MCQs on Graphs and Charts
- A graphical device used for enumerating sample points in a multiple-step experiment is a
- A graphical method of representing the sample points of a multiple-step experiment is
- A(n) __ is a graphical representation in which the sample space is represented by a rectangle and events are represented as circles
- A Histogram containing a set of
- Which of the following is an example of compressed data:
- For geographically base data, the bars are used:
- Decumulative frequency is presented by
- The frequency polygon is a closed diagram of
- A frequency curve touches the x-axis
- Frequency curve is
- Component bar charts are used when data is divided into:
- In a Pie chart, usually, the arrangement of the sectors is:
- In a Pie chart, the angels for each sector are calculated by the formula
- A circle in which sectors represent various quantities is called
- If the frequency curve has a longer tail to the left, the distribution is
- A histogram is
- Low Birth Weight (LBW) data of a Hospital is best shown by
- A pictorial diagram of frequency distribution is denoted
- Which of the following types of diagrams can be used to find out the relationship between two variables?
- The line chart of the medical/ health data shows