The post contains MCQs on experimental design (DOE). Let us start with Online MCQs on Experimental Design.
MCQs about Designs of Experiment
MCQs on Experimental Design
- Analysis of variance is used to test
- The assumption used in ANOVA is
- In ANOVA we use
- Consider $k$ independent samples each containing $n_1, n_2, \cdots, n_k$ items such that $n_1+n_2+\cdots+ n_k=n$. In ANOVA we use F-distribution with a degree of freedom
- In one-way ANOVA, with the usual notation, the error degree of freedom is
- In one-way ANOVA, given $SSB = 2580, SSE =1656, k = 4, n = 20$ then the value of F is
- In two-way ANOVA with $m$ rows and $n$ columns, the error degrees of freedom is
- In one-way ANOVA, the calculated F value is less than the table F value then
- In two-way ANOVA with $m=5$, $n=4$, then the total degrees of freedom is
- In one-way ANOVA with the total number of observations is 15 with 5 treatments then the total degrees of freedom is
- If the treatments consist of all combinations that can be formed from the different factors then the experiment is
- Consider an experiment to investigate the efficacy of different insecticides in controlling pests and their effects on subsequent yield. What is the best reason for randomly assigning treatment levels (spraying or not spraying) to the experimental units (farms)?
- Which of the following are important in designing an experiment?
- Analysis of variance
- A Mean Square is
- For a single-factor ANOVA involving five populations, which of the following statements is true about the alternative hypothesis?
- An experiment is performed in CRD with 10 replications to compare two treatments. The total experimental units will be
- A teacher uses different teaching ways for different groups in his class to see which yields the best results. In this example a treatment is
- If the total degrees of freedom between treatments in a CRD are 15 and 4 respectively, the degrees of freedom for error will be
- If there are 6 treatments with 3 blocks in a RCBD then the degrees of freedom for error are