This quiz contains MCQs Statistics Online Test with answers covering variable and type of variable, Measures of central tendency such as mean, median, mode, Weighted mean, data and type of data, sources of data, Measures of Dispersion/ Variation, Standard Deviation, Variance, Range, etc. Let us start the MCQs Statistics Online Test for the preparation of the PPSC Statistics Lecturer Post.
If you found that any POSTED MCQ is/ are WRONG
PLEASE COMMENT below the MCQ with the CORRECT ANSWER and its DETAILED EXPLANATION.
Don’t forget to mention the MCQs Statement (or Screenshot), because MCQs and their answers are generated randomly
Introductory statistics deals with the measure of central tendencies (that include mean (arithmetic mean, or known as average), median, mode, weighted mean, geometric mean, and Harmonic mean) and measure of dispersion (such as range, standard deviation, and variance).
Introductory statistical methods include planning and designing the study, collecting data, arranging, and numerical and graphically summarizing the collected data. Basic statistics are also used to perform different statistical analyses to draw meaningful inferences.
A basic visual inspection of data using some graphical and also with numerical statistics may give useful hidden information that is already available in the data. The graphical representation includes a bar chart, pie chart, dot chart, box plot, etc.
Companies related to finance, communication, manufacturing, charity organizations, government institutes, simple to large businesses, etc. are all examples that have a massive interest in collecting data and measuring different sorts of statistical findings. This helps them to learn from the past, noticing the trends, and planning for the future.
MCQs Statistics Online Test
- Statistics results are:
- Which mean is most affected by extreme values?
- The sum of absolute deviations about the median is
- The sum of the square of the deviations about the mean is:
- If a constant value 5 is subtracted from each observation of a set, the variance is:
- Which measure of dispersion ensures the highest degree of reliability?
- Which measure of dispersion is the least affected by extreme values?
- Statistics are aggregates of
- Data Classified by attributes are called:
- Measurements usually provide:
- The measures of dispersion are changed by the change of:
- Cumulative frequency is
- The appropriate average for calculating the average percentage increase in population is
- When mean, median, and mode are identical, the distribution is:
- Commodities subject to considerable price variations could best be measured by:
- The extreme values in negatively skewed distribution lie in the:
- A set of values is said to be relatively uniform if it has:
- If each observation of a set is divided by 10, the standard deviation of the new observation is:
- The Harmonic mean gives more weightage to:
- The correct relationship between AM, GM, and HM is